Thursday, June 19, 2008

Be Inspired Challenge #18

Beate's inspiration challenge time again! Yay!!! This time it's such a gorgeous, mouth watering cake with wonderful colours!

Well, the challenge was to get inspiration from the image and use the pattern or the colours. I did both! lol

No, I don't have loads of time but I just had this image in my mind when I saw this cake. The pictures haven't turned out that good. The design looks so much better when you hold it in your hand. My dad thought it was great.



I happen to have just the right colour of card stock. Don't you guys think its almost like the colour of the flowers?!

Oh please do view full! The pic is seriously not doing justice to this card! Even I liked this card of mine! lol








Oh these flowers are the cutest thing! But they were very hard to handle! These are hand drawn and hand cut. I used the same technique as in the last post. Here are some more pics, just shots from different angles.






The swirls are also hand drawn and I have embossed them with embossing paste. Its quite hard to make these. Then I sprinkled glitter on the wet paste to get the sparkle I wanted.





15 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Wow, that was hard work! Nice dimension & details! Great job!

Dori Shelton said...

Wow! Can't believe you hand drew this...Excellent work! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Annapurna said...

Lovely work! It does look like hard work went into it.

When I saw VIBGYOR, I knew you had to be from somewhere in the east. They do it opposite here. ROY G BIV. Doesn't make sense to me.

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! And hand-drawn swirls and hand-made flowers?!! Beautiful! You are a real artist!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful.
Wendy x

Tanya said...

You did an awesome job with this! I love your swirls and flowers!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Beautiful card - I took a look at the rest of your blog, too. You have a lot of talent!! I love how resourceful you are . . . and I love how you think outside the box, too. TFS!

Sue said...

Oh wow this is just sooooo gorgeous:-)

sue
xx

Patsy said...

What a great job. You are a very talented lady!!

kes said...

you are very clever at making embellishments. love it!
kes
x

Max said...

Fabulous results ... you must have the patience of a saint with all the cutting and sticking you do.
Thanks for sharing.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

For the life of me said...

gorgeous xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Absolutely stunning. I love your hand-drawn swirls. You are supremely inspiring! :0)

Shirley said...

What a great job of using the glitter and reproducing the image shown. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Bove said...

Amazing work!! That is gorgeous!! Hugs...