Monday, August 8, 2011

CASEing Chupa

DSC03691

Ooooh butterflyyyyyy LOL yeah that is one big ass butterfly… I took out this printout quite a while back (you can see the lines as I print at fast normal), I have coloured over the printout to make this butterfly look a bit real than the faded printout…

Okay so for the CASE Study challenge I have CASEd Chupa’s card shown below…

IMG_4495 Here is my take on it…

DSC03686

Alright so mine is not as fabulous as Chupa’s but c’mon a girl can try!

I have added a bit of both hand stitching (zig zag) and faux stitching. The orange PP is a digi overlay-freebie. I don't remember where I got the butterfly from but there is a high chance that it’s from Graphic Fairy.

The butterfly trail/swirl was stamped (Craft Lounge) and then I placed copper glitter balls (Pie Lane) on it. I think the position is a bit wrong… the swirls should have been more diagonal… but as I don't stamp often, I am still not used to it. The sentiment is from LOTV.

The fancy shapes were made with the help of a template I printed out once upon a time LOL. There was a lot of empty space left on the card so I added a few pearls and distressed the edges with Fun Cube (Cocoa).

Alrighty that’s it… now I think I will make something for PDCC.

Hugs,

E

Challenges: CASE Study, Moxie Fab (fanatical about botanical), Simply Scrapping crafts, Bird is the Word, One stop craft, Clearly Inspired, Lollypop crafts, Dream Valley, Cupcake Craft

 

36 comments:

Cassie said...

Great colorful butterflies! Thanks for playing CIC#33 :D

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow Erum elegance is your second name!

Anne Temple said...

This is a beautiful and very elegant card. Love how you colored the butterfly!

snehal watwe welde said...

Gorgeous...love the CASEd effect...awesome job...keep it up

Crafterkhush said...

Simplicty and elegance thy name is E.T.. Fantastic work Erum.. Lovee it..!!

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with great colouring E.T!
xxx Margreet

Karuna said...

Erum u r my fav flutter!! grl are so talented!! am in love with ur work!!

Romina's Cretive Crafts said...

gosh !!it rocks !!

Avni said...

This is so lovely! I think u have done a gr8 job! both stitching looks superb!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh my goodness, E.T. your butterfly looks so real! Your coloring skills are phenomenal! A beautiful CASE of Iwona's card...fabulous work! Thanks for being a part of our first birthday celebration at CASE Study!

jimlynn said...

Why or why or why....can't I color as pretty as you!!! GORGEOUS card!
Lynn

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

So beautiful E.T! Love the beautiful butterfly and the jewels too!

scrapperjulia said...

Wow, love that butterfly! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Rachael Funnell said...

A Gorgeous Card!!!
Thanks for playing along @ BITW....xx

Dawn said...

Lovely card ET. That butterfly is lovely

Cath said...

Hey E.T! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous! Love the "big ass butterfly" ROFL. And how ingenious to colour over the print; the colours are amazing!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card E.T I love the butterfly.
Kevin xx

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! love the butterfly and d/p. TFS with us at Lollipop Crafts.
Zulma DT

cbuswell said...

Great job CASEing Chupa's card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh yes it is!! Your card is absolutely fabulous, and I'm flattered that you chose my card to CASE, I adore your style! Thank you so much :)
Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

FLEUR de Lo said...

I think you did a marvelous job CASEing Chupa!!! LOVE your butterfly!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful cards and awesome designs! You are so talented!!!Thanks for playing with us at BITW!

sari said...

Oooh...I love your Big ass *LOL* butterfly!!! Great card with fantastic colors! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Brodders said...

A great card,so very pretty, thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck - Jane x

Marivic (Berry71Bleu) said...

Your cards are gorgeous and this one is just as pretty as the other ones. Thanks for joining the challenge at BiTW.

Helen Tilbury said...

Stunning cards! Thsnks for sharing at Bird is the Word!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card.. thanks so much for playing along at BITW :))

Emily Leiphart said...

Erum, the butterfly looks real! That's how amazing your card is. I love the vibrant colours.

melsanford said...

Lovely card! Love the distressed edges and the beautiful butterfly :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Kathy D. said...

I think you did a great job on "lifting" the original card.

Thanks for playing "Things with Wings" at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com. Hope to see you Friday when Challenge #34 is posted.

Clare said...

Sooo gorgeous! Wonderful color scheme, and WOW! That butterfly looks almost real!

Susie said...

Absolutely stunning card - love everything about it - my kind of card!! Thanks for joining in with our Distressing challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Lisa Amiet said...

Stunning work. Love it xoxo

Wendy said...

Wow! I think you did a great job with this card...the butterfly looks amazingly real. Thank you so much for submitting your card to our BITW challenge.

Chloe :-) said...

A super gorgeous card - love the butterfly :-) thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow my blog on Blog Lovin!

Follow on Bloglovin