Monday, August 22, 2011

Gone, but not forgotten…

DSC03766

WOW! Three consecutive days of card making! I am liking it!
Today’s card is based on the CASE Study challenge, we have to CASE one of Chupa’s cards. I picked out her very own and very first Sketchbook Saturday’s card. I participated in the first challenge and made two cards! You can see them HERE.
Inspiration Card:
IMG_4386

Chupa’s cards so vibrant and full of life and I wanted to implement that somewhere on my card.
My interpretation with a bright, bold butterfly:

DSC03763

The polka dotty paper is a free-digital download, I have misted it with water. As impatient as I am, I didn't wait for the paper to dry and took the photo anyway, hence the ripples. The ripples aren't there anymore on the original card.
I have coloured over the already coloured printed butterfly with regular Faber Castell colour pencils and Crayola’s black marker. The sentiment is from TradeFish design. I have distressed the edges with Fun Cube in Cocoa and ColorBox queue Black and Lava Black. Added a bit of faux stitching to complete the distressed look. I HAD to put a couple of pearls somewhere on the card!
The hardest part was to arrange the brown polka dotted ribbon. Other than that the card came together pretty fast.
That’s it for today. Please scroll down or click the page header to view the Gingerloft, CASE Study and PDCC cards. DONT forget to COMMENT! (Chanelling Khusboo here :P) Plus I will be posting another card later today so do stop by again!


Challenges: CASE Study, Stamp,scrap and doodle, Simply create, 365 cards, Jellypark Challnges, PTW (Pearls,Ribbon,free- Faux Stitching)

30 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

This is wow... Why exactly did you mist it with water.. Am kinda new to this whole distressing misting thing so explain... And that butterfly... I hop it flies away from your card and lands at my place.. GORGEOUS...

Calling out to everyone.. Merely looking is not enough.. YOU HAVE TO POST A COMMENT... :D

Great work Erum.. I'd love to try something like this but I get goosebumps thinking of doing it so I stick to the simpler ones... :-)

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors and arranged ribbon (I understand how hard the ribbon is to arrange!).

Susheel said...

Lovely card E.T. Love the butterfly...

x

Sian Ridley said...

Wow! I love your CASE! I'm with Cindy, that ribbon is difficult to arrange-you've done it so well :)

Aimes said...

A beautiful take on Chupa's card! Love the GREEN :D Your ribbon treatment is fabby too!
Thanks for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anne Temple said...

Another WOW! Love the simplicity of this - so elegant looking!

jimlynn said...

Another gorgeous butterfly and I love this! The butterfly just looks so real. Beautiful card!
Lynn

Colleen Dietrich said...

FanTAStic CASE of a Chupa card! Wow! They're like twin cards. :)

Angie said...

Great cards love the colours and the fab butterfly. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Spardha said...

Beautiful!.. LOVE the pleating! :D

Alyna said...

hi
simple and elegant and i love it. Its pretty huney, u have done a good job and the color combo is beautiful.
hugs
Alyna

Hussena said...

beautiful card that butterfly really looks ready to fly love your casing of chupa.
and about your problem with the post not showing on the dashboard i think i may know a way...if u are following your blog then go to the dashboard and click on your blog and when u are able to see your recent post it will be visible to others too i hope this is making sense to u....u see i had the same problem with my last post and this is how i finally resolved it.

Karen B. said...

So beautiful! This color combination is really amazing!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the beautiful color you achieved on your butterfly! Love your pleating and your background technique.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Another Beauty E.T! Butterflies are so your thing! Gorgeous! Great ruffled ribbon too!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours! The butterfly just pops, and the touch of caramel on the ribbon is so fabby!

mansi said...

Stunning!!!I think Tejal's butterfly bug has bitten you also!!!Fabulous casing!!!

Tejal said...

This is sooo sooo sooo fabby!! love that gorgeous green butterfly...love it!!! and yeah...I know you need pearls somewhere!!

And this khushboo is seriously a bad influence on you...you're turning into a less bossier version of her..LOL!!! :D

Beate said...

Absolutely beautiful interpretation of Chupa's card. Love your color and paper choices.
Hugs and smiles

Jennifer Scull said...

love the designs with the gorgeous butterflies!
thanks for playing along in our fave embellies challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

kavitha said...

Love this card,butterfly is gorgeous.
I couldn't see most of posts in my dashboard,saw this in case study.

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create.

xoxo Marjo

Tracey said...

LOVE it!!!! Beautiful colours together...so soft and pretty!!!

inkydoodlecrafts said...

simply stunning, I love butterflies and this one is particularly beautiful, thank you so much for sharing this fab card with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

ike said...

Stunning card - love the pleating and the butterfly is divine. Bought a lump to my throat - as a sympathy card it's perfect.
Thank you for joining us at SSDS this week.
Ike xx

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Amazing. That layout ROCKS. The details you added to your CASE are incredible (of course!) You're making me wanna colour some butterflies in a big way!

Mari said...

That butterfly is beautiful! Love all the colors - it actually looks like the sun is shining through & giving it such a realistic looking green!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Stunning card so very beautiful x
Perfect for our "fav embellishment" challenge @ jellypark challenge - thanks so much for sharing it with us x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Sande said...

WOW, E.T, another beauty card. So elegant and lovely.

Thanks for joining us at SSDS and Simply Create again :)

Hugs, Sande xx

Just A Pac Rat said...

Beautiful card, love the stamped image. You did a great job on it. TFS at SSDS

circlebenterprises.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow my blog on Blog Lovin!

Follow on Bloglovin