Friday, November 16, 2012

Lia Stampz: A note of Thanks.

DSC05573

It's that time again!  Time for a new challenge! It's November and a time where a lot of us reflect on what we are thankful for.  This fortnight, make a Thank You card!

This fortnight we were given this absolutely adorable and pretty stamp called “Blue Tit Bird” by Lia Stampz. Here is what I created based on CASE Study inspiration.

DSC05570

HAHA I know I went a bit overboard considering that Angeline Yong’s card is just perfectly simple, but I really wanted to add a lot of dimension and layers.

The birdie is colored with Classic Faber Castell color pencils. The multi coloured paneling is a result of playing around with distress inks and then finally running it through the bug.

I hope you all will join us over at Lia Stampz this fortnight, I am sure we all have our thank you cards ready at the go! I can’t wait to see your thank you creations!! Link up people! Have a super great day!

xoxo

E

PS: I really want to buy Distress Markers. Copics is not an option for me but I can see myself working with distress markers as it would make my coloring look a bit better and they will fill fill in the “white gaps” left by pencil colouring. So my question is, should I buy them or not?

I forgot to add them in the cart and checked out, so thought I’d ask your opinion about distress markers.

21 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love what you did to the embossed dots.

Desire Fourie said...

Erum this is gorgeous and very creative. Love everything about it. Wishing you a fab Friday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Duaa said...

Your art work always inspires me so much! I love the bird image, the doily frame, the pearls and the embossed background! I love the layout and the clean look of the card.The bluish and earthy tones on the embossed part look so cool!

Duaa

http://ibreatheit.blogspot.com/

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the birdie and your choice of colours! :)

Shilpi Gupta said...

So beautiful....Your coloring is just perfect...

Shilpi Gupta said...

E.T. Can I ask you which site do you use for buying craft supplies as most of the sites dnt provide shipping to India:(

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Beautiful! Love the colors :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Erum love the sky background

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card ET, I like the bird the colours the embossing and the doily.
Kevin xx

Pooja said...

Superb ! Loved your coloring for bird and sky both and the distressed embossed bg is just amazing !

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous! Love the coloring/shading of your bird and the wonderful color combos.

zub momi said...

Gorgeous! love the bird,the multicolored paneling...your coloring is perfect:)

SmilynStef said...

Your distress ink panel is amazing ... and as always your coloring brings everything to life ... fabulous card.

Juliet A said...

Your pencil coloring is gorgeous! I wouldn't use markers to clean up the pencil work - the wax in the pencils will resist water-based marker, I would think.

Have you tried odorless mineral spirits to blend your pencils?

Clare said...

Fabulous card, great coloring and I love what you did with the DIstress inks! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my...this is gorgeous! Love the bright, beautiful colors and the lovely design! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Teneale Williams said...

WOW! The only thing I can say! This card is amazing and your colouring of the bird in outstanding, I have distress markers and I really like them.

Teneale

Unknown said...

I think you should buy them.I am sure you will do wonders with them and then once you buy them please forget to tell me how they are....I would like to buy them myself too.Alright after so much jabbering I will come to the point.The card is beautiful ....no doubt but the distressed and embossed panel is outstanding.what a fun idea...In due course I will surely use it.I love the way you flawlessly colored the bird.Absolutely gorgeous and perfect.Well done

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful, Erum! I love the coloring on the bird and the "Arigato" sentiment!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the beautiful bird!

Tee said...

Awesome combo..my favorite..blue and black!! and white!! gorgeous!!
My opinion would be to use the distress inks if you have instead of buying the markers...its the same ink..just a tad shade variation.
you can dab your ink pad on an acrylic block, pick up that color with a brush and color..same way you would use a distress marker...

play with your distress inks first to color, if it works, no need for the markers..you save some money! :)