Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Focal Point

Hi folks! I have always wanted to do something like this where I have TEXT as the “focal point/part” of my card. As I don’t have such stamps, I decided to print out the darn text! LOL I think it came out fine, the font could’ve been a size smaller but what the hey!

So here is my card… and there is one thing to note in this card… my FAUX BRADS. I made the faux brads the same way we make flower centers… by embossing the circle… but in this case I used a flat tip as I didn't want a dome shape but a flat top like those of regular metal brads.

DSC02304 

Don't mind the cats in the background… they kept bumping the card with their head! Hence the weird positioning of the card!

I used a metallic gold paper for the FAUX BRADS and the pattern paper is a freebie that I printed on “fast normal”.  I made the scalloped green part using a compass :o) Applause Applause! LOL

As you can see the pattern paper is kinda dull so to pop up the card and give it a bit more colour and bling, I added three different ribbons. The flower and swirls as always are handmade.

I used a lot of distressing because the ovals in the middle are not drawn using stencils or templates, I don’t have those. These are freehand drawn ovals and I really didnt want people to notice how irregular they were… distressing saved me from that. For next time I think I will print them out too! My printer is my best friend from now onwards.

Here is the inside. Not a good pic, sorry!

DSC02303

Have a good day!

XOXO

P.S. This was one heavy card!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome.. Love the poem.. Turned out well.

/x

Tracy said...

Hi E.T,
Beautiful card luv the text,colours and embellies!!
Would look so good in a frame as a keepsake.
Thanks for joining us this week over at Creative Inspirations and good luck.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful birthday card, inside and out! Great detailing! :)

cnelson said...

This is stunning!

Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning! I love the colors :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

maxine said...

lovely work thanks for joiniing s at ci this week.

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous ET. Love the papers you have used as well as the lovely image.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

Wow, gorgeous card and all of your details are awesome!

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us over at CCT :D
Hugs x

Anne said...

Thanks so much for hopping by at OLL to share this wonderful card with us. Hugs x

Beryl K said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in with us at OLL
Beryl x

cheryl said...

wow stunning card fab image too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa!!
Gosh Erum you are just so inventive, amazing crafting and the colours are stunning together..

Hope you are well

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Suzi Mac said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment and the colours, great embellishments too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week, good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

Esther said...

You have made a fantastic card! I love that you use your initiative! I am a great believer in Making Do too!

Tee said...

Love this...you could print out ovals on heavy cardstock and then keep tracing them..I do that..since I don't have ovals, circles or any other shapes.

The card turned out superb. The butterfly..where did you get it? Internet download?

Superb!

Tejal

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful framing of your verse with the glittery swirls!

Peet said...

wow, this card is so gorgeous!!! love it

Alice said...

what a gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at 2S4Y!

Regina Easter said...

this is gorgeous...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey E.T.! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, a lovely style

thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Lexxie said...

This is so stunning ET, how clever are you to cut out your ovals, they look so neat. Love your faux brads and your sentiment, and all done in my fave colours,
Love it all,
Love Sarita xx

Jennie/Deleelsia said...

Beautiful card!

Anthonette said...

This is perfection! Wow! I love all the details.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a beautiful card! Love the vintage feel to it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Every inch is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y!