Sunday, February 20, 2011

Take out your WASHABLE markers!!!

DSC02913

Hey everyone! I hope all of you are doing well!

If you remember I told you a few posts back that I was top 3 at Gingerloft and was invited to be a guest designer for a challenge. The challenge at Gingerloft is “Our furry friends”. Here is my card for the challenge,

DSC02909 View from left

At Wee Memories the challenge is to be inspired by someone or something crafts related. For this card, my inspiration comes from all of you crafters who colour their images BEAUTIFULLY with copics and promarkers.

I have the worst colouring skills and I really struggle with digi/stamp images… this time was no different. So I decided to use my regular markers and colour the image like everyone else does. I knew that regular markers will make the image bland, without any shading or depth, and it will look like I am in grade 2 all over again! So I coloured this image from Gingerloft with WASHABLE MARKERS and a water brush. It was just like painting and SO MUCH fun! Actually I have a pack of 50 markers, most of them have dried up. I have had this set since I was a kid and that was a VERY long time ago! So I scribbled my dried marker over the image and with the help of the water brush I spread the colour around.

DSC02911 View from front

All the flowers, the two vines and the sentiment frame is cut from Silhouette. The sentiment is from LOTV. I have used holographic lilac glitter on the fairy’s wings and lower part of the dress. The unicorn’s tail, mane are glittered silver and grey.

DSC02916

Here you can see clearly the dark patches from the marker. For all of us who don’t have Copics or Pro markers, try this out. REMEMBER, only WASHABLE markers will work.

Have a great day peeps and don’t forget to check out the post before this one. Two posts in one day, I must’ve eaten something wrong!

ETA: I have been asked to join the Gingerloft DT and I accepted as I will only have to make ONE card in TWO weeks! I guess I am not THAT bad at colouring images!! LMAO

xoxo

E

CHALLENGES: Wee Memories,Charisma cards, All Sorts, Make it Colourful

 

30 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your card is absolutely beautiful.

Tami said...

You are an inspiration to me. You take what you have and make it work. Your coloring skills are AMAZING Hugs Tami

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning card hun. This must have taken you hours, so much work and the attention to detail is amazing.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your very kind words.

Hugs
Claire xx

Vee said...

A really gorgeous card.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is beautiful E.T! You do amazing work and this is no exception! Love all those pretty flowers and all the glitter! So many details and so very pretty!

Fleur said...

A beautiful card, so many pretty colours
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Shelly said...

Wow! You really went all out with this one, girlfriend!!! It's incredible!!!! I love every little detail of it. :)

Don't fret about your coloring skills. Just be yourself. Do what you enjoy when you're crafting. Your cards are always beautiful. They don't need to look the same as the cards made by people who own Copics. You make your own masterpieces. :)

Congrats on your new DT position. I'm so happy for you!!!! Hugs!!! xxx

Unknown said...

I think your colouring and card are both fabulous.....fantastic detailing....loved the card and the attention to detail completely

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! And I love all those flowers. Wonderful coloring.
Congrats on your DT spot.
Lynn

MANSI said...

OH wow!!what a beautiful card ET.Love all the blooms and i also use the same technique fr coloring digi images.its so much fun na.

Tee said...

CONGRATS on your DT post..its high time you got some DT spots...I love love this card..the colors are fab.fab.fabulous!!

Smita said...

Beautiful card and many congratulations too :-) !!

Priya Sivaraj said...

congrats ET!!! and this card is super gorgeous!!love the blooms great coloring!

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi E.T, I can't believe you say you have no colouring skills!! Have you looked at your cards?! This one in particular is stunning & congratulations on the well deserved DT spot xx

kavitha said...

gorgeous card,love all the glitters n flowers:)

Unknown said...

Your card is just stunning. Well done!!!!

Amanda

Beate said...

Congratulations on your Design team spot! That is wonderful news.
Not bad at coloring? Your coloring looks beautiful. This card is amazing. Your coloring, all those paper flowers hand colored! Crazy good.
Hugs and smiles

Jennie said...

Your card is fabulous!!! But a great idea about using washable markers!!! Wouldnt think of that...

Congrats on your DT position xxx

Ujjwal said...

Congrats on your DT post, you are truly deserving.

I love the coloring on the image and the effect that glitter adds is awesome.

Елена said...

WOW E.T. your card really great! I have never seen it before!

Leanne said...

Wow! You did a great job with those markers. The card looks fabulous. I dislike coloring. Waiting for my daughter to finish her 'O'levels in June & give her some coloring to do. She's good at it.

Sheree said...

Wow!!! You're way too hard on yourself!! Your unicorn card is fantabulous!! I sure hope I'll be able to colour as well as you do one day.
I'm a new follower and will be back often!

Hugs,
Sheree

Rachel Hope said...

*GASP* This is Drop Dead Gorgeous!!!!!

Barb Craft said...

Your card is stunning! All of your flowers look so pretty with the image! Thanks for taking on our no PP challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
barb :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Only you could make dried markers look this luscious! I have a whack of dried markers too; I remember reading about refresher they sell for them and was thinking of googling it today to see who makes it. (It's good for older inkpads as well I think.) Stunning cards. Your wee flowers actually make me catch my breath, they're too lovely!

SmilynStef said...

Huge congrats on your new design team gig ... and absolutely beautiful coloring with the water blending ... and your flower garden is magical.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo, congratulations! And what a pretty card! LOVE your coloring job and that bit of glittery shine! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Enfys said...

This is stunning, you have a great eye for colour,
big hugs
Enfys x

shamela said...

Hi E T ... your card is simply stunning.. you make the coloring sound so easy... I tend to over do things... love your work
hugz
shamela

Viv said...

Such an amazing card, well done :O) Viv xx