Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Altenew Bulid-A-Flower: Anemone


Altenew Build-A-Flower Anemone no line watercolouring using distress inks by Erum Tasneem - @pr0digy0

Hello friends!
As you all know by now that every 15th of the month Altenew reveals a new Build-A-Flower stamp plus die set and this time we are introducing Anemone.

Isn't it gorgeous?!

Here is what I created.

Altenew Build-A-Flower Anemone no line watercolouring using distress inks by Erum Tasneem - @pr0digy0
I went for the no line watercolour look using distress inks as my watercolours.
I wanted to give this card a watercolour illustration look and I think it looks close enough.
I stamped the flowers in Antique Linen and the flower centers are stamped using Black Soot so that they are not crispt but more faded or distressed.



Altenew Build-A-Flower Anemone no line watercolouring using distress inks by Erum Tasneem - @pr0digy0
I spent the whole afternoon colouring this layer over layer and waited for it to air dry before adding all the details. I used a very light hand to add my "veins".
I stamped the sentiment over part of the image with Versafine Onyx Black.
When I was gluing down the sequins with Glossy Accents, a big blob dropped on my sentiment and the ink started to run! I had to fix it with a white gel pen and some more watercolouring. You can see the blurry "B".
I added more watercolouring outside the lines to give an illusion of more plants in the distance.
I hope you like my card. I am kinda proud of it since this is a 100% watercolour piece and NO pencils were used in adding details.
You can hop on over to the Altenew Card Blog and the Scrapbook Blog to check out what the other designers made.
Click here if you want to purchase this gorgeous set.
That is all from my side.
Have a great day.

xx
Erum








40 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

Absolutely breathtaking! Love your choice of colors and the no line wAtercoloring is beautiful! TFS!

Nite Owl said...

Erum this card is stunning! All your hard work definitely shows in your final project. I so wish I had this type of talent. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Teresa Doyle said...

Erum, your card could NOT be more STUNNING! Another awesome stamp/die set.

MelissaF said...

Beautiful card with awesome watercoloring!

Phi said...

Erum your colouring is absolutely amazing. It is ridiculous how you can achieve such detail with watercolour. Something I can only admire but never achieve. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

StampinLouie said...

WOW! Your watercoloring is AWESOME!

StampinLouie said...

Love the watercolor! AWESOME!

Cheryl Rigney said...

So stunning!! I absolutely love your work and look forward to seeing what you create. You have every right to be proud because this is amazing :)

Lisa Moline said...

What a gorgeous card! I love it! You always make such beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.

SD pooja said...

SuPER DUPER STUNNING !!

Lee said...

It sounds like you spent huge time on this but it really shows. Very lovely and the best of the ones posted by far.

Unknown said...

Wow...no words can do justice to its beauty.. You are super talented girl. Please start taking some online classes so people can learn from you...you are too good with your colouring

Anonymous said...

If you didn't tell us about the "B", I never would have known :-) Simply gorgeous!!!

Jen said...

Your card is beautiful and inspiring. Your recipient of the card is a very lucky person, indeed!

Cathy T said...

This card is just so beautiful! I would love to see a video on this. Love it! ❤️

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

WOW! Your water coloring is stunning !! Its always a pleasure dropping in at your blog
cheers

Linda Kunsman said...

this card just blows me away. Stunning watercolor art!!

Nanasniftynitch said...

I must say this has been a beautiful release, but I will say for my own personal taste. I LOVE your card!!!
Fan-dang-tastic! (my Papa would have said something different ;-))
XO April

Ava Gavloski said...

Thanks for sharing the details on how to get the look. Appreciate the tips on repairing the b.
Beautifully painted.

LauraJane:) said...

YES, you should feel quite chuffed with this ALL watercolor masterpiece:))

Sonja said...

This was my fave card from the blog. I had to stop by to see how you created it. It's perfectly stunning!!!

KimberlyRae said...

Girl you are blessed with skills! You could rock Hallmark all over the place!

Hussena said...

Your cards never fail to make my jaws drop! And the fact that you have achieved this look with just Distress Inks is something totally amazing! I legit though it was pencil coloring. �� You and your cards totally rock. ����

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Wow, amazing as always! Such beautiful coloring!

TaeEun said...

Love the beautiful details on your watercolored anemones, Erum! Amazing card, as always!!!

Liz O. said...

E.T. This is a gorgeous watercolor design! I would not have notice the "blurry b" as the beautiful flowers take center stage! Thanks for sharing!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous card! Great new stamp set!

Maryam said...

This Apia absolutely gorgeous.. the flowers and the background are amazingly colored..

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful coloring! The flowers are amazing!!

Laurie said...

This card is absolutely beautiful.

lritchie said...

Simply stunning!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! in total awe here! you the best! xx

Maja said...

Amazing coloring!

Marjeta said...

Simply gorgeous.

Marjeta

Salima said...

Gorgeous card Masha Allah Erum. I am sort of anxious at trying my hand at no line coloring. I am not so sure I can do it. You made it look so easy.

Helen said...

Erum, of all the cards I viewed from Altenew's new release, I was sold on this set after seeing your card. It is exquisite. Thanks for sharing it.

CherylQuilts said...

This is GORGEOUS! I saw it on Pinterest and had to visit and tell you how much I love it and loved seeing the details and reading about your process. And I don't see any problems with the "b" from here! Hugs!

Zelda said...

Another beauty. Your coloring is out of this world!

Itsaboutthecolors said...

Beautiful colors and water coloring. Your card stood out among all other examples for the anemone stamp set. Kudos! I had to visit your blog to learn how you created the look.

Heart to hand said...

I am putting in a vote for a video on this one as well! It's absolutely stunning and I would love to see how it was done.