Friday, March 11, 2011

Chupa’s Sketch

Hello! I have got two cards today, same look but different colours. The card is based on Chupa’s sketch (Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #1).

Instead of adding a butterfly or flower in the centre, I added a big fat bow.

DSC03005

Oh I so wish I had a scor-pal or scor-it or any tool for that matter, just wanted to add a couple of score lines right above the embossed part. Don’t suggest an empty ball pen, I have tried everything… it doesn’t give the same look. The sentiment is stamped and the damask paper is a print out.

DSC03015

This picture did not come out right. I tried to lower the contrast and did everything with this one… wouldn't budge! The sentiment here is handwritten :/

The white card looks great IRL, better than black.

XoXo

E

Challenges: Polka Doodles, Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #1

18 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Love the colors, girl!! I also wish for a scoring tool so often and you are right ball point pen doesn't give the same look.

I think the black one looks better on the screen :)

kavitha said...

such a striking card!!

Beate said...

WOW! Those are both so rich, elegant and gorgeous! Love your cards.
Hugs and smiles

jimlynn said...

BOTH are just stunning! Love that paper and of course, those big beautiful bows. SO PRETTY!
Lynn

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful cards!!!

MANSI said...

Very Elegant cards...

Unknown said...

Love both the creations...And my wish list also includes scoring tool....

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Stunning cards, so elegant! I truly like them both, and I love the sentiments! I also used to hand-write them on cards for a long time, before I built myself a basic stash :)
As for scoring, the tool that I used before I got Scor-Pal, was Fiskars stylus - they sell it to work with their embossing plates. It has a big round head, and really gives a nice result. Worth giving a go!

Tee said...

I am a black geek..love the black..pretty pretty!!

Saskia said...

Wow... very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with this beautiful card!

Saskia :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards E.T! Love the big hot pink bow and the embossed texture!

Colette said...

Love the elegance of the cards, the black one looks very classy, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week, good luck! Colette xx

Audrey said...

What a lovely card! that big bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous card. So simple but the big bow looks stunning.
Thanks for joining in with my Polka Doodles colour challenge and hope to see you again.
x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our B&W plus one colour challenge - great cards! Really lovely cards and what fab bows! Cheers Claire x

Tip Top said...

OOOhhh! And the pink pink ribbon really works well! Beautiful cards! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

gorgeous card, simple and stunning. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Vintage Milly said...

Wow, this is beautiful, thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Polkadoodles this week,
Em.x