Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bad, Bad Camera plus a FREEBIE!!



SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR THE FREEBIE! Those of you who are interested in reading my post… THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Aah well… I am here with a new card… This means the picture has been shot using my cellphone… I am not very happy with the result… but I am SO happy with how the card turned out… it is absolutely fabulous (bragging is an art). There is a new flower that I tried I will be showing you guys that too... So beginning with the card.
Here we go… the cellphone picture.

27102010692c


One glittery card here huh?! But the black never looks gaudy…that's the best part about it.

The flowers are hand drawn (very very roughly I tell ya).The stems are hand stitched. The sentiment is hand written (as if you all couldn't tell!). The swirly thing, beneath the ribbon is one of the border diecuts (thank God I ordered this). I was planning on buying some border punches, but all those punches will cost me almost as much as a Silhouette will, well NOT almost… I am just trying to justify buying a Silhouette! Anyway, I think I will wait a while and get the machine instead. It was almost 150$ this time (Knowing it will cost me a little more than half of its cost just to get it delivered here, I still want it).

Oh yes, the butterfly is hand drawn too, and it was a pretty rough sketch. I am so happy it turned out so cute. I know it looks kinda abnormal through this angle but it’s really not. And the shimmery, holographic yellow ribbon…. matches with the flower centers! I really wanted to do this combo… The yellow really brings out the whole card.

I now see that I have not erased the pencil marks from the dashed line (the butterfly’s path). Most of you might hate the light glare… but this was the only way I could avoid the purple hue… see the bottom-right corner… that’s what I am talking about.
Totally forgot about the flower. Here it is:

24102010669

It’s not complete…. and I wasn't even planning on using it. I was just playing with my father’s “stock exchange” reports and came up with this.

All right, enough with the blabbering. Gotta go create some more. Maybe again with black, white and yellow. I am just loving this combo right now. Or maybe I will use this ridiculously square sodding flower somewhere.
XOXO
-E

Challenges: Inky Impressions (flowers), Inktegrity Design Team Challenges (anythig goes), Craft Your Passion Challenges (Glitter), ABC Challenge (Glitter), PTW (sparkly&bright), Sentimental Sundays (distressing)

______________________________________________________________________


The freebie:
Made this for someone, she gave me the quotation… it is by Caryn Leschen. I thought I’d share.

35--VIBGYOR-Krafts



I AM NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. JUST “LIKE” THE POST IF YOU SNAG THIS FREEBIE. THANKS!

JPEG DOWNLOAD
PNG DOWNLOAD

30 comments:

Gardner's Basket said...

Your card is lovely. I really like the way the flowers stand out! Thanks for playing with us at Inktegrity!!

Longvacation said...

I think your card looks fab, simple but elegant. On days when I get tired of working with "cute" images I would want to do something like this.

Deena Lyn said...

Great card. It looks amazing.

Tigger a(r)t work said...

Thank you :o))
Hugs
Tiggerchen

Unknown said...

Awesome card and great sentiment ...I love it ...TFS...you continue to inspire ...Thats great

bcriminger said...

You don't give yourself enough credit, all that hand drawing and such! I thought for sure the sentiment was a stamp, and the butterfly a punch or die cut! Crafty, crafty gal!

LeeAnn said...

Thank you for the saying.

Anonymous said...

I love the card you made!

Debra said...

Your card is great! Thanks for the freebie :)

MicheleV said...

great card! love the flowers and the stitching!!!

Lauretta See said...

this is beautiful. Love the colors and all.. beautiful rose too. ;) Thank you for participating in our challenge at CRAFT YOUR PASSION :) GOOD LUCK!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Your card is simply beautiful! I can't believe you drew the flowers and yes, I did not know that the sentiment was hand written! Fabulous!
I own a Cricut and justified the cost by telling myself that I could find free cutting files on the internet, etc. I only own one cartridge and that is only because I need a cartridge in the machine when I cut out the files from the internet. Soooo worth the $ because there is soooo much great stuff out there!
I almost forgot...thanks for playing along with Inktegrity :>)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Thanks for the free image, it's so true! Your card is beautiful, I have a Silhouette and really like it. The computer that I use for it is down right now and I miss it!

Marilou said...

Great card!! Thanks for the sentiment.

Tee said...

Oh girlie, this is gorgeous..the hand drawn butterfly, the sentiment (no I didn't know it was handwritten..was planning to ask you what stamp it was!!) and that kraft paper!! been searching for it..but not much luck..and that rolled up flower..I told you ..you better make a tutorial..
thanks for the sweet freebie..though I didn't snag it coz at 31, my body is actually falling apart! and i didn't need reminders! hehe!

Kelley said...

Beautiful card! Every time you wrote you drew something, I'd go back to the card and think 'Really?'. I would never have guessed.

Thank you for the digi. Even though I'm passed 35, I love it. Some day, someone I know will need this.

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Absolutely fab card..your hand written sentiment is just toooo good....and I cannot believe your picture is taken from a cellphone camera ..too good!I love the flower..the shape is soo cute!I really look forward to checking out your creations ..

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog post and yeah I did check it out when I won ...thanks again

Crafty gal said...

how true ..many thanks for sharing
xxxxxx

AprilsL8 said...

Love your card! I thought the sentiment was a stamp, too!

Purple Card Lady said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day Challenge.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! The lil' butterflies fluttering about are darling & the shimmery trim is oh so pretty! Gorgeous flower! :) TFS

Catrick said...

Greetings from Canada....awesome card! I had a Silhouette and I was not happy with it...to limited. I sold it and bought the Gazelle by BossKut....so glad I did...that machine is wicked!!!

Cathy

Lynn said...

thanks for sharing

Ujjwal said...

I love the color combo!! Your card is very pretty and I love that border die cut as well.

Thanks for sharing the freebie!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the stitched steams.

Unknown said...

I love the dimension on your flower petals and that butterfly is sooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) the flowers are lovely and the stitching and writing are perfect ,,, very artistic :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

i like the simplicity of your card.. awesomeness

Marilou said...

Thank you for all you share with us! Beautiful sentiment and pages!!