Friday, September 23, 2011

Wee Memories about a Playdate with Lily Pad

*SECOND post of the day. Click HERE to view PREVIOUS card.

Sorry about the picture quality, these are cellphone pics.

23092011396

Hello again, I am back with another card. I was at Ujjwal’s blog earlier drooling over her Lily Pad card. I thought I’d play along too. I was going to do a CAS card but don’t know what hit me and I decided to make this.

             

I CASEd Amy Sheffer’s card shown below for CASE-A-Diva dare.

23092011393

Eeeee! I know! NOT CAS! haha I was suppose to just stick a butterfly where the flowers are but I thought I’d use some gorgeous papers from Ujjwal’s Store. In the picture above, they look REALLY orangey but they are not THAT bright. I drew the flowers very roughly, cut them up , distressed them and then rolled them.

I toned down my card a bit as compared to Amy’s card. Her cards are always filled with AMAZING details. But I tried to keep the elements same.

Details and detail shots:

23092011397

I got the correct flower colours here! This shimmery, textured, gorgeous gold yellow paper is from Ujjwal’s store. I didnt have any orange ink in cats eye queues so I distressed them with my ever loyal Crayola markers in Yellow Orange and Orange.

The leaves are punched and coloured with Crayola in Olive Green.

23092011395

The last few of the frames left from my Silhouette stash. Don’t have the new blade yet. Sentiment by Hero Arts

The gorgeous gems are from Pie Lane.

Hope you like it.

XoXo

~E

31 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous! I'm sure that you're going to make Amy proud with this stunner! What a striking design with that all-white background and that awesome pop of color! The flowers are beautiful and the sentiment panel is the height of elegance. What a wonderful CASE, my dear...it's top notch!

Ujjwal said...

Erum, those flowers are so totally gorgeous! Thanks for the shout out girl!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Hi Erum!! Your card is just amazing.I loved your flowers..they are absolutely gorgeous!

jimlynn said...

Just gorgeous in every way! LOVE those fabulous flowers.
Lynn

Tee said...

Oh you will get the shopping spree at Lily pad cards...start planning your list!!! awesome!!! My mojo has gone missing..just can't create anything..especially when there is so much load on me to make things!! ufff!!!

Denise said...

Two beautiful cards - love those orange roses.
Denise xx

Anita Kejriwal said...

like it! I love this! Truly gorgeous flowers

Avni said...

wow! This is stunning! The orange and green combo is just perfect! (Indian flag colours) any tutorial for flowers? they have came out really nice! and that orange paper is handmade paper?

Dr Sonia S V said...

Erum your flowers are just awesome and those cellphone pics are great! I struggle with a normal camera even!

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Tenia Nelson said...

awesomeness!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

An absolutey beautiful card E.T, I love the roses and the butterfly.
Kevin xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Incredible texture, colour, layout. So beautiful. And even though they are cell phone photos it all looks gorgeous. (Camera betrayal is the worst!)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg this is just gorgeous!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

Alyna said...

awwww............ this is gorgeous, just love ur bloooms, love there color and all the texture :)
very pretty hunney
hugs Alyna

Natali said...

Gorgeous!!!!
Hugs
Natali

DeeAnn said...

Beautiful!!!!! I love my Crayola markers too. I swear I want your skills with them. Your coloring is amazing!

Merlyn said...

Awesome card :) Love the roses

Merlyn said...

Awesome card.. I love the roses :)

Hussena said...

omg i just saw your post those flowers are totally gorgeous ...hand cut u say wow i can't believe it ,beautiful just beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !

Nancy K said...

Lovely card with beautiful details! I love the color combo and your roses are simply gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers....I loved the card and the CS...which one is this?

Trinh said...

Stunning!

yyam said...

Oh wow! Love the embossed base...awesome texture! And those bright blooms on white...totally eye-catching! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You never fail to amaze me, E.T.! Those flowers - like, oh, my gosh! You MADE them?? Wow, girl. You need to make 'em and sell 'em on Etsy! (thanks for playing at the Play DAte CAfe with us!)

Stacy said...

WOW!!! Your card is simply stunning!! Love it, thanks for playing with us at PDCC.

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely stunning! WOW!! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

Shobana said...

O.M.G.
Those flowers are just super! And gives just the right pop of color to the card! Simply fantastic! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your flowers are stunning!! And I love all the textures on your card!! Gorgeous!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is beyond amazing! I just adore how the flowers pop against the white! So dramatic!! Can't believe you made those flowers! I'm honored you've chosen one of my cards to case -- thank you!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous card! Those handmade flowers are just exquisite!