Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tea Pink

I just adore the colour Tea Pink. I recently got a tea pink and brown combination dress for myself, hence the card's colour combo. The sketch is from PTW by Katharina.

I know I have been using too much of brown these days. Brown was almost the last colour on my list BEFORE I started dyeing paper myself. I never used to find the "brown" that I wanted, so one fine (but a very hot) day I thought of using brown and experiment with it. I found quite a few colours, Maroon, Dark Brown, Khaki, Auburn, Chocolate Brown etc. Since that day there's no turning back for me and Mr. Brown ;o) LOL





Today I FINALLY used one of the stamped images that Bev sent me. I really did not want to, but I have some more coming to me from the sweetie Dawn so I decided it's time to finally let one girl go! :-P

Oh well, on with the card's details. The card is 6.5 x 5.5. The brown paper is the same one that I have dyed myself. The swirl you see here is AGAIN, hand drawn and hand cut. I wish I was an artist in some company that make punches or die cuts; I would definitely make loads of these in different styles so that I don't have to cut these dainty little things.


Oh yeah, I got a soar on my middle finger just because of cutting these silly fellas and other silly fellas being my hand cut flowers. But then in the end they look so nice, that I hate myself for complaining :o) I wouldn't have known how I got the soar, but my genius dad noticed how the scissor kept hurting my finger because I continuously keep on adjusting my scissors as they are so small. You guys do remember about the manicure scissors I started using because they were the pointiest? Well not only they were the pointiest, but they had the most smallest finger section. They are quite uncomfortable to use.


For people in KARACHI

I have been asked repeatedly by viewers here in Karachi to display the cost of these cards here. This blog is my "relaxing" space, I just use this space for my "quiet time". You can always email me and ask me about the cost.
I would also like to tell you that these cards come with coordinating, decorated envelope or box. I'll give you all the details about the card(s) that you ask for. Please feel free to email me for any further queries.

11 comments:

Bev said...

Fab card ET, such gorgeous colours

hugs Bev x

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Tee said...

This is an awesome card..Can you just scan the swirls for me, I can't draw..but I can print and cut..I love swirls so much..and so far, I have no stamp set that has swirls nor any punches..
And now these swirls that you've doodled..I'm in love with them..If its ok with you share them, I'll make a template out of acetate sheet and keep on using it..

Love the coloring!!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the colors! And what a cute stamp! I just love how your dyed paper looks!! Great job, once again!! Hugs..Oh and by the way, I disabled the word verification for you on my blog!! LOL

Dawn said...

Hey you!!!
Hope you are well and this is another fantastic resourceful card - gorgeous design and additions.
hopefully your packge will arrive soon!

Cuchy said...

hard work on handcutting. Beautiful card. M.Carmen

Annapurna said...

Very nice ET. She is very cute. Love your coloring and all the coordinating elements.

Now that Tejal says she can't draw a swirl, I will have to go see. I don't think it is hard, but what do I know, I haven't tried yet.

Are people in Karachi bugging you? Tell them you have many friends all over the world and they will be scared of you :-) or may be not.

Shirley said...

She is really cute and your design is very pretty too!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the image. Fab flourish! Jillix

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous! I love the layers and all the stunning details. Gorgeous colours. I don't think there is such a thing as too much brown. Especially when it looks this great! :O)

Marcea said...

Beautiful!!!!! I adore this card. Gorgeous colours, image, papers ... everything!!! Fantastic cutting hun - the pain was definately worth it!
-x-