Saturday, June 23, 2012

Verve Week 2

DSC04993

I have a card and a new to me technique to show you today. I used VLV sketch for week 2 this time.

DSC04992

Can you see my colourful background? I applied Versamark on an embossing folder and stamped it on to a white CS, applied clear embossing powder on it and then heat set it. After the CS cooled down I inked it with distress inks and removed the excess off with a damp tissue.

Close up what the background looks like:

060620121227

Can you see the Cuttlebug embossing folder’s design? I didn’t apply a lot of pressure otherwise I would have gotten a solid damask design, but I like how delicate this one looks.

DSC04999

The flower is handmade, I used the Verve stamps gorgeous tissue wrapping paper to make this and some tulle.

DSC04994

A big chunk of ribbon that I added in place of a CS layer by adding ruffles just to give the card more texture.

That’s all for today.

Ciao!

~E

Challenges: Frosted Designs, Moxie Fab Damask Challenge

21 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is stunning ET, I like everything about it!!
Kevin xx

Lalo said...

So rich and beautiful. Loving all the handmade embellishments and the background looks fabulous!!!

Truly Lori said...

What a great card and technique! I've already tried your embossing folder technique with dylusions sprays and LOVE the effect.

Thanks so much for sharing!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card and a very cool technique! Love it - and that flower....WOW!
Lynn

Unknown said...

another beautiful card :D
Happy Sunday

Hussena said...

this card looks just gorgeous Erum!!the way you have created the BG is simply Awesome ...you have blended those colors so well!!love this!!

kavitha said...

I like this technique,color combination is lovely.

Shilpi Gupta said...

This is so lovely...

Barb King said...

Great technique idea, you are very inventive in your card designs! Love how the lacey border punch picks up the butterfly wing design. Barb

Anne Temple said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the background and your tissue paper flower is so pretty.

Stephenie said...

very pretty embossing technique!!

BrendaB said...

This is beautiful - I love that gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

yyam said...

Wow! That background is just gorgeous! Love the colours and the incredible layers! How yummy is that tissue bloom with tulle! :)

Indira Tanwar said...

another masterpiece from you Erum! I love it totally!

Mari said...

The background is beautiful. I've heard about (and tried) stamping/embossing with ink in a folder but never thought of using VM. Can't wait to try it myself!

Inkyfingers said...

This is so gorgeous. I must try that background technique. TFS

Unknown said...

that is a lovely card.. Love the embossing and everything about this card

x

Ashley Horton said...

Such a gorgeous card!! The way you created your background is really awesome and the hand made flower is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!

Sarah said...

gorgeous card! I love your handmade tissue flower! It's sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Et well done I adore the colours in this one Hugs Elaine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love your eye for color- and the flower is awesome!