Friday, November 12, 2010

My First Easel Card!

Yup! Very first and a very rough card too!

There are many mistakes in this card but I thought I’d continue working otherwise I will never try an Easel card again… and I tell you one thing… those of you who still have not tried this out, SHOULD! It is so easy! I think I will be making a lot of these!

Okay don't be harsh and don't judge, this is just a rough card… and again a cell phone picture.

 

03112010735

The tree is an internet download, shaded the scenery on Photoshop. I have applied white glitter at the bottom (snow). The tree goes from grey glitter to silver… have used embossing paste to draw the outline and branches of the tree… The scalloped oval shape is hand drawn and the sentiment is hand written. The sentiment is not that clear in the picture but it is quite readable otherwise.

I will make a better version of this card soon. Just was in a hurry to post my first easel card!

Hugs!

Challenges: Delightful Challenges (glitter it up), Whoopsi daisy (Christmas), ABC challenge (Holidays), ABC Christmas challenge (winter wonderland), creative cottage (someone special at Christmas)

14 comments:

Cec said...

You have done a great job with this easel card. Thanks for sharing it with us at WhoopsiDaisy.
Hugs!
Cec

emilymomto3boys said...

Wow - Your cell phone takes some pretty great pictures! Mine with special lights are not that clear! And what a lovely job on the card! Love the glitter tree!

Linnie said...

i Love your card i dont think its rough lol
Thankyou for joining us at whoopsidaisy
luv
linniex

Sylvia said...

Hi E.T! Hope you are having a fun day!Thanks for visiting me from Pakistan! I always enjoy your comments and then I come visit you and enjoy your music and cards! This is a lovely card. don't be hard on yourself, there is always something we would like to change about our cards. but in the end that is how we learn! Every day that you make a card, is a day that you have taken the time to create something beautiful!

Delphine said...

What a beautiful easel card! I love the shades of blue and the tree is fabulous! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Tee said...

I love it..I think its pretty pretty perfect..love the shading on the background and you and your embossing paste..you can do wonders with that!!
Hugs
Tejal

Unknown said...

beautiful cards

Unknown said...

great job

Anonymous said...

A lovely winter wonderland for sure, thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the shimmery tree! You did an amazing job creating this easel card! Looks like a real winter wonderland!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card, so beautiful!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Unknown said...

Love your easel card.. Picture pefect!

Rachel said...

Beautiful card!! thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful. I do love an easel card and that silver tree is very striking. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Marie x