Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gold Valentine

Another Valentine card. This one is for my friend Sofia's sister-in-law. I chose a completely different color and went with off-white and gold. I took my inspiration from Laura’s sketch at 2SfY. I Tried to do something different this time. Instead of an envelope I decided I should make a box without a lid. There is no lid but I have used gold net to cover the top.

Please click on the piccy for a BIGGER and BETTER view.



I stitched the box together with double gold thread.

For decoration I cut strips of same chart paper and wrapped gold thread all around it and glued some sequins. All four sides have this look. The box is 4.5x4.5




Now for the inside; the card is 4x4 and has a belly band. It is a tri-fold card. I decorated the inside to the minimum; Hence, no photos of the inside.

Please click on the piccy for a BIGGER and BETTER view.






17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, how unusual and gorgeous. Fantastic idea this card in a box is and the off-white and gold colour combo is so elegant and rich. Hugs from Desire

~dawne said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch. This box & card are gorgeous!

Laura Davis said...

This is just beautiful!! Very creative:)
Thanks for playing!
Laura

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a great card!!

Bev said...

Oh my goodness!! Talk about sumptious! Wowzers girl, this is just amazing!!

hugs BEv x

Lea L. said...

Very pretty and creative! Love the gold! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Beary Box said...

Love this gift set of yours!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Super classy elegant fabulousness!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the idea of putting it in a box like the gift it is!

Unknown said...

Love your unique interpretation of Laura's sketch! Fabulous work :)

Peet said...

oh, this is gorgeous!!!
Great take on laura's sketch!

**Nancy** said...

Wow! This is so unique!!! I love the gold!!!

cnelson said...

gorgeous! love the card and the box!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh my goodness you are WAY too Brilliant! I can't believe how stunning this is!?!?! I love the mesh. It's all TOO gorgeous for words!!! :O)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, so stunning, your work always takes my breath away :) Kim

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and so different! I love it!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, your work is just stunning!! And extra special with all your hand-done intricate details. I love it!